Goodbye 2016! You’re awesome!
Happy new year, lily! How’s your 2016? Did you enjoy it? I really hope you did!
I really love how my 2016 went. I got engaged and married this year. It was an exciting, scary, and most memorable year of my life.
Aren’t new years fun? New years give us the illusion of an opportunity to begin again. It’s refreshing to think that you can always start over and create a new life for you. If you are at the point of your life where you wanted a better one, this post is for you. So grab your journal and we’ll have a lot to talk about your life! Here are some of the things you can do to start the new year right.
- Appreciate where you are right now. Take a moment to feel grateful for how your life is right now. Are you in the part of it where you are loving everything about it? Or is it the opposite? Whatever you are experiencing, fill your heart with gratitude. Surely, there is always a better side to everything, if you decide to see the good in the situation. Say a prayer right this very moment. If it’s a great year, thank the universe for every single thing you are grateful for. If it’s not, think about how these events made you stronger, more compassionate and loving, and say thanks for these. Write about those.
- Evaluate your life. What are the unforgettable events that happened to you this year? What are the areas where you grew? What were the emotions that dominated your soul this year? Are you where you want to be? Do you love life? Are you happy? Are you doing what you want? How was your 2016? Write them down.
- Identify your challenges. What are the things that you don’t want in your life right now? What are the things that you want to change this coming year? Do you have your dream body and health? Do you have a problem with your family? How about in your finances? Are you happy with your relationships? What are the challenges that you are facing right now? Also, think about the things that you want to improve on in all areas of your life. Write them down. This is the first step to knowing what to change about your life. Once you identify your challenges, it will be easy for you to know the next steps to take to solve it.
- Start taking full responsibility for your life. Have you ever blamed someone or complained about an unpleasant event? I’m assuming you have. Did you know that when you do this, you don’t take full responsibility for your life? And this means you are giving away your power, and that power is to create the life you want. You don’t want something? You can do something to change it. You hate your weight? You’re the one who ate that cake, no one else. You’re also the one who can choose to change and eat a healthy diet. So stop blaming and complaining about external influences and start taking responsibility because when you realize that you were the one creating the things that are happening to you, you will also realize that you have the power to uncreate it. For some people, it’s going to be easy, but for some, it’s extra challenging. If you find it hard to take action for your life right now, don’t blame yourself. Just promise to be more mindful of your actions and make take small steps in healing your life. What are the things that you complain about? What are the things that you can do to change it? List them all down and think about what you can do (small step or big) to change it.
- Decide what you really want. What do you really want in life? If there were no parents, friends, society, and other outside voices to tell you what you need to be, what will you become? Write it down. Did you know that whatever that is, you can do it? As long as you focus on it and give all your energy towards becoming that person, no matter the consequences, you will become that person. You just have to believe in yourself. What makes you happy? What makes your heart sing? What are your skills and talents? What do you want to become? What do you want to own? What do you want to achieve? Write them all down.
- Declutter. Now that you know what you want, think about all the things that you don’t want. Once you do, throw them out the window of your life. This is the first step in starting to live the life you want – by removing the things that you do not want. How to start? Start with your home. What are the things that doesn’t spark joy? Throw or give them away. Check what you intake. Do you watch movies and read books that make you grow? Check your social media. Unfriend or unfollow those people who doesn’t add to your life. Leave the people who broke your heart and made you feel worthless. How about your beliefs? Are they limiting you to have the life you truly want? What are your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual garbages? Start throwing them away to make space for the things that your heart truly desires.
- Plan your year. Planning makes you achieve your goals. Go here to know more about my system in achieving my goals and download my free 23-pages goal-setting worksheet.
- Decide to focus all of your energy towards fulfilling your purpose. Life has no meaning if you don’t live for the reason why you exist. Figure out why you are here, and give yourself to it wholeheartedly. Keep adding value to the world. Make the world a better place, because the world needs more of those people. Be that kind of person. No more unnecessary dramas this year, girl. No more of those gossiping, spending time mindlessly on social media. No more of the things that doesn’t serve your purpose. No more reliving your past over and over again. This year will be the year where the world will benefit from what you have to offer, and you love it because it will feel good.
- Prioritize loving yourself. Life is difficult because of too many reasons. Don’t be one of the reasons who makes it difficult for you. Be your own best friend. Accept and fall in love with your flaws. Take good care of your health. Stop prioritizing other’s welfare to your own. Be your superhero. Be kind to yourself. Stop your self-destructive behaviors and beliefs. Look at yourself in the mirror and appreciate your beauty. You are made uniquely. You are special. You are beautiful in your own way. Spend more time with yourself. Have fun alone. Date yourself as if you are dating your greatest love, because you are your greatest love.
- Start choosing only the best out of life and leave the rest. When you do this, you will experience only the best things life has to offer. There are too many awesome things to spend your time and attention on. Leave the unimportant stuff. Stop gossiping. Stop spending time with crappy friends. Stop those crappy movies. Stop spending too much time on social media. Stop dating assholes. Stop lowering your standards. Start learning new things. Start going on adventures and exploring unexplored terrains of your life. Start choosing people who makes you feel loved and cared for. Keep reading and growing. Life is great! Just search and choose greatness!
- Lastly, spend more time with God. God, the universe, the higher self, whatever you call it/him, cling to it/him. When you do this, you’re life will be easier to handle. Think of him as your best friend. Just knowing that there is something greater than you and you treat it as your best friend makes you 1000x stronger. This way, you will always feel loved and cared about, making you geared and able to spread love to the world. Call him whatever name you wanna call him, you can make your own. God is cool and awesome.
Have fun, spread love and share joy this coming year! You will have an awesome year! Because you have the power to make it so. 🙂