I lost my virginity to the guy I married. Quite an achievement, I must say (that is for me). Don’t be too shocked, though. Besides the fact that I am an old-fashioned (but liberated) lady, I have a lot of practical reasons why I chose to wait before having sex. Don’t get me wrong, every one of us have different ways and beliefs, but here are just some of the reasons why I stay “unopened” for a long time:
1. Useful sexual energies. According to Napoleon Hill, there is such a thing called sexual transmutation. Sexual energy is one of the most powerful energies because the desire level is too extreme that some people even risk life and reputation to indulge it. Hill said that, the desire should not be submerged or eliminated, but it should be given an outlet through forms of expression which enrich the body, mind and spirit of man. He simply means that it should be transferred to another activity, such as literature, arts, or in any other profession or calling. I think this is the reason why I am full of ideas and energy, because I always desire to do something physical with my boyfriend (now husband) but we decide not to push through with it (it’s a mutual decision, although we do some action, just not all the way LOL), so I have to exert these energies to other things, like writing, photography and creating stories and videos.
2. You will appreciate each other for who you are. If you’re not having sex, what do you do? You communicate and you have fun through other ways. We hike mountains, go to the beach, and many other things and we really enjoy each other’s company. I and my husband would always tease each other sexually and it was fun but at the end of the day, we’ll just settle for deep passionate very long kisses and hugs. The struggle is real though.
3. You’ll know if he truly loves you. The patience for waiting for indulging in sex would mean that you matter more to him than his sexual desires. You want someone who respects what your preferences are. If a man you’re dating wouldn’t respect that you don’t want to do it, think twice about committing to him. I mean, if he really loves you and wants to have sex, he’ll marry you right? What’s so complicated about that?
4. Your guy will put more effort to win you over. When you don’t give in easily, he’ll do things to win you over. He’ll give you flowers, bring you to romantic dates, open doors for you, listen to you, and in the long run, he will form these good habits and even after you two have sex, he’ll still treat you the same, if not more. He’s worked hard to get you, that he’ll never allow anything to lose you.
5. You’ll figure out early what kind of man he is. As you do other things, you’ll know who he really is. His true colors will show and it will be easier for you to decide if you really want him. You’ll know if you’re compatible, if he’s a good guy and if he respects other people. You don’t want to end up marrying a jerk.
6. Super hot sex when you’re ready. They say that the most fulfilling thing ever is the feeling of waiting and getting it after working hard for it. The kind of sex me and my husband had was too intense for my life. We are so hungry for each other. It was fiery, sensual, and almost everyday for the first few months. I’m not even kidding.
7. No anxieties, regrets and baby worries. I am 23 and I want to have my own kids, but not RIGHT NOW. Unwanted pregnancy is rampant in our society and it scares me. I am enjoying my happy marriage and I have a lot of dreams to achieve yet. I know that having a baby would require me a lot of time, energy, money and patience, and I just can’t afford to give that right now. I salute single moms and young moms out there because they’re superwomen. Being a mom and achieving their individual dreams at the same time is not a joke, and I admire them for that.
Being a virgin (or waiting for sex) is really a lot of hardwork, but i know in the long run it will pay off. What’s not to like about it?