My love for travel became an obsession when I got my heart badly broken by the people I love the most.
Cliche as it is, a lot of us did “searched for ourselves” in different places, hoping that, that person who got lost was to be found again.
At first, travel was my therapy, curing me and redefining me into someone better, but when I was healed, it became my companion forever.
Traveling had taught me a lot, not only in relationships, but in life as a whole.
I’m going to share a few things that I learned, why those bad things happened to me, and other thoughts that I had as I wander.
1. I LEARNED HOW TO LOVE THE RIGHT WAY. A lot of women thought they’re confident and secure, when in reality, they aren’t. I’ve always thought that I’m a gorgeous woman. In fact, I talked to a guy first because I’m confident that he wouldn’t resist me, because, I’m me. To make a long story short, the relationship didn’t work out because he didn’t really love me. I started to question my value, and reached the state of actually asking myself what the point of my life is, because I experienced such rejection. Just by questioning myself of what my self-worth is, I realized I’m insecure. I realized I’m insecure because I felt incomplete because he didn’t return back my love. I was selfish and vain, and I needed constant attention. I only think about myself. You know why I do that? Because I needed love, and if that’s the case, how am I supposed to give healthy love to another? I realized we don’t get that love from someone either. I realized that we could get that love that would fill us up from God. I learned that one can only give something, if she have something to give to another, so the first goal is to have an abundance of love. The moment we feel that we don’t need love from someone anymore because we’re getting that love that we wanted, that’s the only time that we’ll be ready to give ourselves away.
2. I LEARNED TO DREAM AND LIVE MY LIFE MEANINGFULLY. I used to take things for granted. So when I was introduced to the concept of gratitude, I was surprised how easy we can be happy just by feeling gratefulness for the present situation. Let’s always be thankful with what we have but we should never settle if we know we can do better. Let’s keep dreaming big. That’s the starting point. Our talents, skills and gifts should never go to waste. We create our own life. Sometimes, problems happen to us to make us feel more alive and make us question what in the world we are living for. These struggles wake us up and make us care. Let’s start having a goal. Let’s decide on how you would want our lives to be by acting towards our goals. And let us make sure that we aim for something that will bless other people as well.
3. I LEARNED THAT GOD EXISTS AND HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR US. It doesn’t matter what religion you belong, as long as you believe that there is something or someone bigger than everything in the universe, you’re doing fine. Of course, I suggest you pick a good God, otherwise you’re doomed. Isn’t it wonderful to know that someone out there is actually making things better for you as long as you cling to Him? Make him your best friend and you’ll never feel alone. Talk to him and tell jokes. God is cool!
4. I LEARNED TO HAVE A HEART AND BE MORE SELFLESS. Life is all about giving. Life is unfair for most people. Someone will always be better than you, but that doesn’t mean you go self-pity. Bitch please, stop making yourself the center of the world. You’re not the earth’s core. If you travel a lot, you will realize that there are a lot of people out there who are less fortunate than you. Be grateful for what you have. And be kind enough to help those people who are in need. Trust me, you’ll feel better if you give to other people and think less about yourself. It could even make you feel complete. Start caring for others, for the world.
5. I LEARNED TO AIM TO ADD VALUE TO THE WORLD. How do you add value to the world? It’s through your gifts and talents. You use these tools to create something that would make other people’s lives better. That’s your purpose. To be a hero to someone, and to help those in need of your services.
These are only some of the things that I learned from traveling. Do you realize that the sum of these 5 things are about selflessness? Yes. You will only get the best of your life if you realize these things and put them into consideration. Because life is not all about having a relationship or getting married for us ladies. Life is even bigger than that. A relationship is just the dessert, but the whole meal is about you and others and the world and love. You should be aware of that.